This position is for 8 hours at 260 days per year.
Position will be open until filled.
If you are a current employee please apply through the "Internal" link found at the top of this page (this does not include substitutes).
Bethel School District searching for experieced indivudual who possess a refigeration card and has experiance, expertsie and knowledge of kitchen equipement. This position requires the candidate to have good customer service skills and work with the district Child Nutrition Department and Kitchen Managers.
This position's responsibilities are to respond to represent the maintenance service center in a positive, professional approach when responding to appliance equipment emergencies, trouble-shoot, repair and maintain a variety of kitchen equipment, school appliances.
Depending upon the individual assignment, the Maintenance Technician - Electrician may perform all or a combination of the following:
1. Responds to appliance emergencies.
2. Inspects, identifies and corrects problems, performs maintenance and repair on appliance systems.
3. Inspects appliance safety and operations; assures appliance systems in buildings are functioning properly and safely.
4. Performs a variety of repair and maintenance on district facilities to provide for a safe and healthy environment for students and staff. Responds to service and emergency calls. Assesses extent of problems and determines materials and equipment needed.
5. Determines need to repair or replace parts; determines cost effectiveness of repair projects in relation to safety and repair time.
6. Orders parts and supplies as needed; distributes and/or stores supplies; may drive to purchase materials needed for repairs.
7. Read and interpret schematics, mechanical and electrical drawings, owner and maintenance manuals.
8. Replace failed appliances, check new or used appliances for serviceability, ensure equipments is installed correctly and safely.
9. Instruct staff on correct operation.
10. Stays current with appliance technology, health department requirements concerning appliances, kitchen equipment.
11. Assist with maintenance of facilites as required.
12. Maintains a variety of documentation, records and files.
13. May serve on various district committees and/or departmental work teams. Models appropriate and cooperative behavior, including protecting confidential information, consistent with district ethical guidelines.
14. Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Reports to the Director of Facilities. Receives guidance from the Maintenance Crew Lead and/or Impact Team lead.
Required to schedule and prioritize work; required to meet strict repair deadlines; required to deal with distraught individuals.
Requires prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, crawling and other physical exertions; required to work on ladders and roofs; required to work with high voltage electricity; requires safety and awareness of construction, repair and emergency sites; may be required to work during off-hours for emergencies; exposed to high noise levels from machines; required to wear protective gear; required to work outdoors in inclement weather; required to lift and carry heavy supplies, materials and equipment over fifty(50) pounds; required to drive between sites; required to take precautions to avoid exposure to potentially dangerous conditions and fumes.
Education and Experience
Education, training, skills, and experience necessary to carry out the assignment, including two (2) years of increasingly responsible maintenance level appliance repair, service, and installation.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications that the district may find appropriate and acceptable.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to communicate effectively. Demonstrate knowledge in appliance repair and maintenance of a variety of motor controls, commercial kitchen equipment, refrigerator, freezers, walk-in coolers and freezers, commercial laundry equipment, Knowledge in appliance equipment utilizing natural gas, propane gas, electric, plumbing and steam; and associated controls. and domestic applicances. and a wide range of maintenance and repair experience. Skill in the use of appropriate equipment including electrical safety and testing equipment. Skill in identifying and correcting problems. Ability to estimate repair costs. Ability to determine cost effectiveness of repairs. Knowledge of maintenance safety procedures, including lifting techniques. Ability to read and understand blueprints and electrical schematics. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of others.
Requires fingerprinting and background check to determine that there have been no convictions involving physical molestation, abuse, injury or neglect of a minor. Must complete training in and adhere to district infection control plan. Washington State maintenance or appliance electrical specialty license preferred. Certified minimum Type 1 and 2 proper refrigerant practices certification required. Valid Washington State driver's license and a good driving record. Passage of a pre-placement physical and testing is required of this position (the district will assume the cost).